Friday, June 7, 2013

Giving and helping others is not a crime nor sin.
If street children are willing to share what the don't have yet with eachothers, why are we so greedy to share what we have with them?

“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” 


“No one has ever become poor by giving.” 


“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” 


“There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” 


“The best antidote I know for worry is work. The best cure for weariness is the challenge of helping someone who is even more tired. One of the great ironies of life is this: He or she who serves almost always benefits more than he or she who is served.” 


“When we give cheerfully and accept gratefully, everyone is blessed.” 


“We only have what we give.” 


“A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” 


“He has a right to criticize, who has a heart to help.” 


“I don't want to live in the kind of world where we don't look out for each other. Not just the people that are close to us, but anybody who needs a helping hand. I can’t change the way anybody else thinks, or what they choose to do, but I can do my bit.”

“You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” 


“Love is not patronizing and charity isn't about pity, it is about love. Charity and love are the same -- with charity you give love, so don't just give money but reach out your hand instead.” 


Not for ourselves alone are we born.” 


“Doing nothing for others is the undoing of ourselves.” 


“Give, but give until it hurts.” 


“Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” 


“I like video games, but they're really violent. I'd like to play a video game where you help the people who were shot in all the other games. It'd be called 'Really Busy Hospital.” 


“Give freely to the world these gifts of love and compassion. Do not concern yourself with how much you receive in return, just know in your heart it will be returned.” 


“A fine glass vase goes from treasure to trash, the moment it is broken. Fortunately, something else happens to you and me. Pick up your pieces. Then, help me gather mine.”

“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.” 

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...” 

“What is hard work? It takes strength, energy, and stress to truly care about others enough to place oneself last, but it is easy to wrap oneself up and selfishly scramble on the heads of others.” 


“Never underestimate the differenceYOU can make in the lives of others. Step forward, reach out and help. This week reach to someone that might need a lift” 


“Sometimes those who give the most are the ones with the least to spare.” 

“What I spent, I had; what I saved, I lost; what I gave, I have.” 

Jesus soon is coming,

and Christmas too,

Good reason for being happy, 
Helping people to do.” 

“Tell me that the purpose of life is to have fun, and without a care in the world I'll begin wreaking havoc on everything I pass. Now that's what I call pure, honest fun.” 




No comments:

Post a Comment